Thursday, April 23, 2009

Disguised

She’s Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult Magnet by Alison Strine of Lady Bird Designs


You can understand and relate to most people better



Vulpes Volpes Photograph from Pamela Klaffke


if you look at them no matter how old or impressive they may be

Papa Bird Stops By The Nest - Ceramic Sculpture by Melabo


as if they are children.


Wrestling Salary Man Silkscreened Print from Alyoisius Spyker



For most of us never really grow up or mature that much


Pink Knitted Wig by Meagan Reardon and with FREE pattern.



we simply grow taller.


Freak Them Out Sleep Mask from Freaky Old Woman


O, to be sure, we laugh less and play less


Beard from I Made You A Beard



and wear uncomfortable disguises like adults,




but beneath the costume is the child we always are,




Bear Sleeping Bag from artist Eiko Ishizawa. Not yet for sale but inspirational.



whose needs are simple,


Panda Bear Mask Print (with original stamping) from Matty 8080


whose daily life is best described




Turfed Roof Farm Houses in Iceland on Well House Consultants


by fairy tales.

( quote from Leo Rosten)






This looks like Albert Einstein, but if you stand up and take several steps back, roughly 15 feet away it will become somebody else...


22 comments:

Jacquie said...

I love this!

(I especially love the pink knitted wig!)

Hey Harriet said...

Loved it all! What a delightful post! And that Albert Einstein experiment was freaky. Albert does make a stunning Marilyn :D

allison strine said...

Wow, what a cool post! I can't stand far enough away from Albert - gotta go find the laptop! And oh, my gosh I want that pink wig!

Thanks for including me, Christy - your vibe is stunning!

The Clever Pup said...

Lots of fun. I liked the knitted beard very much. We have those Victorian half-masks. They're freaky.

ArtSparker said...

Fun collection. I always think of artists as wearing a mask of their art, behind from which they are peering.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Albert as a woman...super cool illusion. Don't we all wish we were kids with the creativity and fun we had without responsibility. I'm there.

Jeannette StG said...

this is a great post Crisy! And humerous for the one who takes him/herself too seriously, LOL
Also, the turfed roofs on Iceland look so romantic:)

Kathie said...

Love this post ... I have got to get me some funky pink knitted hair!

Michelle said...

A visual feast as always :)

Jetta's Nest said...

Wonderful as always :) The perfect thing to read at the beginning of my day.

Sam said...

Awesome post Chrisy! I can't think of which wonderful image to comment on first! :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

totally fun post! aaah...to be as playful and silly as children....

Splendid Little Stars said...

PS I'm listening to this music as I work on my blog, and I'm loving it!

Artsnark said...

too fun!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

A fantastic post! I love the whole concept. I love disguises. I am a pretty apple pie hum drum middle age mom/wife looking person and I often talk of getting a mohawk doing other things to my appearance so people might have a harder time making assumptions of me cuz I'm not all that humdrum inside. My outsides don't match my insides. But I have found that teenage kids want their parents to look humdrum and parent-y. They don't want me to do anything until I won't have to pick them up at school ever again.

One of my best friends, who happens to be a guy, has long beautiful black hair and a hoomanchoo (however spelled) mustache and tattooes all over and looks like a cross between a biker and a terrorist and yet he is the sweetest, kindest, nicest funny guys you'd ever want to meet. He admits it's a disguise - he's so sweet, he uses it as armor to look scary and not get messed with. Oh, I am babbling. You hit a chord I guess.

My favorite picture above is the hiding houses. I love the last pic too - how tricky! A wonderful though provoking post!

Have a good weekend!
marsha

Courtney said...

Your words are perfect and ring so true. A great thing to keep in mind! Have a great weekend!

Alisa Nordholt-Dean said...

What a wonderful post...I love that beard! I may just have to get my hubby one :)

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

A great post! Love the knitted wig.

Renee said...

Wonderful post and very true to boot.

xoxo

Carol Jeandel said...

what`s inspired to you do the fuuny things so much perfect things and create
the funday :)

Val's Dragonfly Whimsy said...

Love what you have done with this blog!

Anonymous said...

I saw that knitted wig somewhere else and loved it! I want one I want one I want one!