Sunday, December 14, 2008

You Must Be An Artist If .......

I came across a list of ‘You must be an artist if….…’ on www.painting.about.com/ and have adapted it. Feel free to add your own in the comments.

You must be an artist if:

  1. You’re often late because you suddenly know exactly what that detail of your latest painting/sewing/writing/jewelry piece needed and just had to fix it while it was fresh in your mind.

  2. You stay awake late at night thinking about your latest project.

  3. You explain your bad housekeeping by saying, "it's a work-in-progress..."

  4. The only piece of new furniture you have in your home is an easel/sewing machine/kiln.

  5. You have no health insurance.

  6. You do judge a book by its cover.

  7. You watch the latest kids' digital animation movies and drool over the effects as much as the story.

  8. You buy art supplies instead of food.

  9. You create more than you talk.
  10. You're in love ... with your studio.



Johnny Depp in his satin little boy blue outfit was freakin a few people out...so i've replaced it with Depp as General E Lee, it's better although not looking as good as he would if he'd been dressed as Adam! Pic also from http://www.worth1000.com/

21 comments:

NeverEverEmma said...

Yep, that sounds about right :)

Unknown said...

Very true! (And that is a lovely portrait of Mr Depp indeed... :))

lyptis said...

Hey Chrisy! How do u know me so well??

Gillian said...

oh yeah! I'm an artist :)

love this list Chrisy and welcome to 'blogdom' :)

Jan Allsopp said...

Nice blog! Love Johnny Depp!

Kathie said...

Totally!

Hey Harriet said...

I'm someone who struggles to think of myself as an artist, but after having read this list & relating to it so much, I totally believe that I am an artist after all ;D

Great blog Chrisy! Love the idea of you showcasing indie writers too! Not enough of that happening in the world. Yay you!

Amalou said...

Yeah that confirms it then! I agree with all the comments in the list except for the housework one. I'm the only one in the family who doesn't seem to notice my house is in a mess, so no explanations needed ;)

Love your new blog, congrats on losing your blog virginity!

Hot Fudge said...

After reading your list, I am convinced I must be the Da Vinci of the sewing world. Fabric before food every time!

Congratulations on a great blog - I look forward to more gems.

Unknown said...

OMG so ture (except number 7 ... i still don't really dig pixar films I am more your classic snob Breaky at Tiffs kinda girl) ... i Laughed my proverbial donkey off reading that

Bec said...

Holy cow, I'm an artist!!!! Whooda thunk it!!!

And I'm sorry I just can't agree with everyone on that Johnny Depp painting.....eeewwww, that is creeping me out!!!! :O

Amy Kerr-Menz said...

Hi Chrisy,

Thanks for your lovely comment over on my blog— you made my day. Good luck with yours, and welcome to blogland!

I like your 'You Must Be An Artist If...' list. It's great :)

michvanetta said...

hahaha love that list, so, so true!

I love Mr Depp, I can drool over him no matter what he looks like!

Bear Chick said...

11. There isn't a room in the house devoid of art supplies/beads/fabric (fill in your obsession)!

Thank goodness The Husband carries the health insurance.

Love your blog!

Penny said...

Hmm... yeah I'm not such a fan of the Johnny painting either! I love Johnny, but not in blue silk.

Anonymous said...

yeah, I have no health insurance, but I have art supplies stuffed in every nook and cranny my house has! :D

andrea said...

I can so relate! Thanks for the grin.

Denise said...

That's me to a "t". I love a good laugh.

Bird Bath said...

great list, I could probably tick off a few of those :)
Thanks for the encouragement.

Shonz said...

I guess I must be an artist then (even if it's not ALL relevant - 3, 5 & 7 for me). It certainaly explains the way I am!

Unknown said...

Yes, i agree with your blog stuff. I also want become a artist and painting is one of the my favorite hobby. Your blog is really very interesting.

Art Gallery Exhibitions